Customizing Tie-Dye T-shirts
There are several Transfer Express® Apparel tie-dye t-shirt options! The image above shows the Port & Company – Essential Tie-Dye Tee, Port & Company – Youth Essential Tiger Stripe Tie-Dye Tee, and the Port & Company -Essential Window Tie-Dye Tee.
All three of the t-shirts shown are 100% cotton, which makes Goof Proof® heat transfers the perfect choice for heat applied customization. We recommend pre-pressing the t-shirt to remove moisture and wrinkles.
Create your custom transfer art in the Easy View® online design tool or send it to us through the Send Us Your Artwork section of our website. For this example, we created our art in Easy View as a gang sheet, fitting multiple images to one 11.25″ x 14″ transfer sheet, saving transfer costs. Any ink color can be used on tie-dye t-shirts, just take the colors used in the t-shirt into consideration to ensure that the ink color is visible on the t-shirt. We used white ink so it would show on the three tie-dye color combinations.
Applying Your Transfer
1) Since we fit multiple images to one transfer sheet, the first step is to separate the transfer designs by cutting the transfer sheet.
2) Pre-press the garment to remove moisture and wrinkles.
3) Place the transfer where you would like it on the garment.
4) Heat press your transfer to the garment. With the Goof Proof settings, you would heat apply the transfer at 365 degree for four seconds, peeling off the backing while it is still hot.
5) Peel off your transfer backing to reveal your finished apparel item.
For more tips and tricks for applying screen printed transfers to tie-dye apparel, refer to our blog, T-shirt Transfer with Tie-Dye Questions Answered! This blog shares such information as adding transfers to home-made tie-dye t-shirts and tips on transfer color choices.