The Power of a T-Shirt: 6 Things We Love
We’ve been thinking a lot lately about the power of a t-shirt. It’s easy to go about the business of the t-shirt business and forget about the larger aspects of what we’re doing. Here are some of our favorite things about what we do for a living.
- T-shirts have the power to literally save lives. As we produce t-shirt transfers, we’re always touched by the stories behind them. The shirts being sold to raise money for someone to undergo live-saving chemotherapy for breast cancer. The funds being raised to help Texas and Florida rebuild after the devastating hurricanes. The economics of this business allow for some phenomenal fundraising efforts.
- T-shirts foster a sense of community. Here in Cleveland, you can’t go a block without seeing someone wearing a shirt that celebrates community pride. It’s a trend happening across the country. From team shirts to city shirts – apparel helps people to feel connected and proud.
- T-shirts help you express yourself. Whether your shirt is an ode to being a nerd, celebrates your fervor for proper grammar or makes a political statement – it’s a great way to show the world who you are as a person.
- T-shirts get the word out. The cause you champion might be pet rescues or saving the environment. No matter the cause, t-shirts are a great way to have someone strike up a conversation with you and to get the word out about a cause near and dear to your heart.
- T-shirt businesses help people realize their dreams. Our customer range from those who make it their primary business to those who do it as a side hustle. Not only are the shirts sold helping others, but it helps the business owner support their family or get together extra money for something like a family vacation.
- T-shirts are the number one promotional item for a reason! What would you rather receive from a trade show or a new employer – a mouse pad or a t-shirt? That’s what we thought. There are few people on this earth who don’t like a t-shirt.
T-shirts have the ability to make you feel something. In the words of the great Maya Angelou, “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Do you have a great story behind a shirt you’re making? Have you changed lives with the apparel you produce? Let us know in the comments or send us a message!