Use Custom Transfers to Print Oversized Shoulder Prints
A company called Spirit Football Jersey™ started a popular fashion trend by offering loose fit oversized shirts with a large bold print on the back across the shoulders. Many other shirt companies have now started offering these shirts called by names such as Pom Pom Pullovers by Boxercraft or billboard shirts by others. But how do you decorate these shirts?
We have created 3 custom transfer layouts that will make decorating these shirts easy and a great addition to your T-shirt business!
1. Choose a layout.
Tip: Tells us in notes the width of the design and the letter height of line 1. Our designers will enlarge the words you created in Easy View and break it apart to fit on the transfer sheet. With the layouts, the finished print width will be between 20-26” wide, depending on your words. Be sure to keep it to the size of your heat press or you will need to do a 2 step application.
3. Choose your color and transfer type. Patterns such as zebra stripes or chevron can also be added. Place your order. Each sheet will decorate one oversize shirt.
4. Once the transfers are received, cut into three parts – the front of the word, the back and the extra text, bubble or clip art.
5. Where the letters connect, be sure to cut out a “line up notch” by trimming close to the letter. This will make line up for application really easy. Also be sure to trim the bottom text, bubble or art close so that you can center.
6. Position on press. If you have a 16 x 20 heat press, use the 20” size to layout. Tip: fold the second line of text, bubble or art in half so you can center. As you can see the center of the text is not at the cut line, the entire print layout needs to be centered on the shirt using the shirt tag Press all in one 4 second application if using Goof Proof ink!
7. Your fashion shirt is ready to wear