Stretch Litho™ Application Instructions (updated for 2017)
Customers needing a soft, full color digital, durable transfer media to heat apply to their blank apparel finally have found their solution. Stretch Litho™ combines the best of both screen printing and digital printing processes.
Previously, this transfer used a two-step process that included a cover sheet. We’ve revolutionized Stretch Litho yet again and have simplified the application process so it’s like other transfers you’re used to applying. Now, you can have the vibrant color, soft feel AND simplified instructions!
Let’s take a look at how a Stretch Litho™ is heat applied onto a shirt.
Your heat press should be set at 275 degrees with a Medium-Firm Pressure or (50-70psi). This will display as 5-7 on Hotronix® heat presses.
- Lay your blank apparel on your heat platen.
- Preheat apparel for 3-5 seconds, removing moisture and wrinkles from the fabric. We recommend this step for all of our transfers as it ensures a smooth surface and a professional application. Don’t be tempted to skip this!
- Position your transfer. One of the great things about Stretch Litho is that you will be able to visually see your design through the translucent transfer paper. This helps align the design where you need it.
- Lock down the heat press and apply for 11-15 seconds.
- This is a COLD PEEL transfer, so set the printed shirt off to the side to cool before peeling the transfer paper.
- Once COLD to the touch, Peel off the translucent transfer paper in a smooth even motion.
As with all of our transfers, your order will come with an application cheat sheet. Misplaced yours? Check this graphic below or go to our website’s Stretch Litho page. Are you ready to order? Head over to our site to log in.