Upload Your Own Art into Easy View
Easy View® online design center makes designing screen printed transfers for t-shirts so easy. It is filled with thousands of layouts and clip art that you can customize. You can also upload your own art into Easy View, if you already have it.
Uploading your own art gives you more options with your customers. If your customer already has a piece of art that they would like printed, you can easily use it. You can also add additional text, clip art or put it into a layout if you choose.
With your own artwork in Easy View, it makes it fast and easy to build your custom transfer orders.
See a preview of the design on apparel and show it to your customers before you place the order. With this streamlined process, upload the artwork, get a price quote, and place your order all with just a few clicks on the computer. Your time is valuable, so this will help save you time in the ordering process.
How does it work? Let’s get down to showing you the nuts and bolts of uploading your own artwork into our online designer.
Easy View is free for all Transfer Express customers. If you don’t yet have an account, you can sign up for an account here.
If you already have an account, let’s start by logging in.
Once you log in to Easy View design center, you will see the Get Started menu.
From here, you are able to choose a way to get started, whether it’s choosing a layout, clip art, uploading your own art, starting from the previous design you created, or with the option to open another job you created.
If you want to upload your own art, choose “Add Your Artwork”.
Or you can choose a layout to begin if you just want to add your piece of art to a layout.
For this example, we are going to upload a school mascot logo. We would like to add it to a layout, so we will choose one to begin with – QBA-259 from the baseball category.
We are going to replace the baseball with our wildcat logo.
To upload artwork, click on the “Add Your Art” blue button on the left.
Easy View accepts several file types, including .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .png, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .ai, .eps, .gif, .psd, and .svg.
If you have a .cdr file, please save it as a .pdf file before uploading.
Next, click on the “Browse” button to select your file.
After you’ve chosen your file, it will import into Easy View.
- If it is vector artwork, it will open right into the design screen.
- However, if it is a raster image, it will open in the Image Editor.
In the Image Editor, you will have some extra options to remove the background, etc.
[Related Content: Guide to Using the Image Editor in Easy View]
For full color transfers, you can leave your raster image as is and “Choose Original”.
If you would like to get screen printed transfers, though, then you can choose the option for spot colors and the Image Editor will render it so you can choose your ink colors in the next step.
For this example, we’ll use a raster image but we chose to use the original (In this case, our designers will re-draw the raster image for vector to make sure it is crisp and clean, ready to print.)
Since the colors of the uploaded artwork do not match our screen printing colors, we must specify which of our ink colors they should be.
In this example, we would like for our design to be a one color screen printed transfer.
NOTE: If you are selecting a full color digital transfer type, you do not need to match the colors. It will be printed as is. Just change the Print Method in the upper right corner.
With your uploaded artwork selected, click on the “Configure Color Map” button on the left to choose the color(s).
In the next screen that appears, click on one of the colors in the art to begin. Here, we clicked anywhere in the purple of our artwork. Next, click on the color you would like it printed in. If you would like to keep it purple, click on our purple swatch. If you would like to change the art to a different color, choose a different swatch, such as gold.
(NOTE: The colors will not appear to have updated visually. In our example, our piece of art is saved as a purple design as a transparent bitmap file (PNG), so it will not update to a different color on the screen.)
After you are done matching all the colors you would like printed in your design, click “Done”. This will take us back to our design.
From here, we can treat our artwork just like any other piece of art in the designer. You can resize it and move it around in your layout on the page.
Some tips on your uploaded artwork:
• You will see your uploaded art just as it is saved. If it has a white background box, it will appear that way in Easy View, unless you remove it in the Image Editor.
• Just as always, if you upload a raster image and would like it screen printed, we will have to redraw all bitmap/raster images.
• For printing digital, you still need to have high resolution art at the size you would like it printed. An image you saved from the internet may not be high resolution.
• All of our art reproduction restrictions and policies apply.
• All uploaded artwork into Easy View will be priced as Vector or Non-Vector.
• If you will be using your piece of art more than once in different designs, it will be beneficial to have it saved as your own personal Custom Clip Art. Then, you can use your piece of art multiple times and it will be priced as Easy Prints.
In summary, here are the steps to take to upload your own artwork into Easy View:
1. First open a layout or add your art to get started.
2. Click on the “Add Your Art” button on the left.
3. Choose your saved artwork file from your computer.
4. If your file is raster and if you are choosing a screen printed transfer type, match all colors being printed to one of our ink colors using the “Configure Color Map” button.
5. Add your own finishing touches to your design!
For help using Easy View, visit our Easy View help center where you will find lots of videos and information to help with any topic related to our online design tool.
Very good website you have here but I was curious if
you knew of any forums that cover the same topics discdussed in this article?
I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get suggestions from other experienced individuals thaat share
the saame interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
Thanks a lot!