Summer Camp Transfers with Gang Sheets
Summer is fast approaching which means that camps will start gearing up to keep the kids busy. There are so many different camps that are around each community to entertain them, from music camps to horse riding camps and every hobby in between. This is a great opportunity as a t-shirt business to make extra money.
For their shirts, most camps have a logo or general design they use for everyone’s shirts and then distinguish different groups or cabins by name or color. Many people think they are limited to just one design for the front and one design for the back for each shirt. This isn’t the case when using transfers. You and your customer are in control of what designs can be used to decorate the shirt and what colors you want the designs to go on.
For example, you can use the same design on the front of all of the shirts with different cabin names on the backs. It’s easy to do this when using gang sheets with screen printed transfers.
Here’s a few steps to stay organized and save money:
1) Choose your designs. Use design previewers such as Easy View to see what your design looks like. Again, you’ll need one design for all of the fronts, and separate designs for each cabin.
2) Choose an ink color.
- Tip: For the back cabin names, it’s best to use the same color on all shirts. This will allow you to gang the images on one transfer sheet to save money.
- If using a 2 color design, the most popular combination is Black and White which can be easily seen on any color shirt.
3) Choose your shirt colors. Organize the cabin designs with the color of shirts. Use shirt colors that you can easily see the ink color chosen.
4) Organize your order information including the design size and quantities for each camper in each cabin.
- Tip: By using transfers, you can apply the same designs to more than just t shirts. Offer hoodies for sale to wear at night or long sleeve shirts. Consider this in your total quantity of transfers.
- Don’t forget that the front design is going on each shirt. Total the number of shirts, hoodies etc. needed and that’s how many front designs you’ll need.
5) Place your order.
Creating your own design is easy with the Easy View designer. You can even set up your own gang sheets and see what the designs will look like before they’re printed.