Let’s Get Started – 5 first orders for under $25
With any new venture the hardest thing to do is to get started. Who can I sell to, how much should I charge, will I make any money? Here are five low cost, easy to get started first orders to get you on your way to a profitable business.
1. Transfer Extreme™ pack of 10 transfers for $24, apply to 10 shirts that cost you $3 each and sell for $10 each to your local 4th of July committee.
Total Profit = $46
2. Numbers to put class years on a high school groups’ shirts such as 13, 14, 15 and 16. Order a pack of 3, 4, 5 and 6, and 2 packs of 1. Number cost 6 packs @ $1.65/pack=$13.20, apply to blank jerseys $8 each, sell for $15 each.
Total Profit = $56.80
3. 10 Peace sign rhinestone transfers to put on tote bags for your local environmental group. Bags $2 each, rhinestone transfers $2 each, sell for $10
Total Profit = $60
4. Sponsor strips for your local little league team – 10 players, $1.60 each on a $5 jersey, sold for $15 each.
Total Profit = $84
5. 12 Window Decals for your local travel baseball team headed to an out of town tournament. Cost $25, sell for $5.00 each
Total Profit $35
These are fantastic ideas, only problem is you’re not factoring in shipping for the transfers… I don’t think? Usually you pay no less than $11 no matter how small your order. With smaller quantities such as these the shipping cost is a big factor. I’d love to see Transfer Express offer regular first class mail or Priority Mail for smaller orders, as it is more cost effective than UPS in that situation.